- Begin bright light therapy sessions shortly after waking for 20 to 30 minutes each morning or as recommended by your physician.
- For optimal results, begin your bright light therapy session at approximately the same time each morning and do not skip treatments.
- To ensure that you are beginning bright light therapy treatment at the appropriate time of day, please take the Automated Morningness-Eveningness Questionnaire at CET.org.
- Adjust the height for optimal bright light therapy positioning. To ensure that the Day-Light is at the appropriate height for you, your eyes should be approximately in the center of the light and the light screen must be tilted at a 15° angle toward you so that the light is projected over as you receive treatment (see your Day-Light User Guide).
- Do not stare directly into the light. You may read, work, eat, etc. while receiving bright light therapy.
- Fluorescent light tubes deteriorate over time and therefore will emit lower light intensity levels. To keep your Day-Light Bright Light Therapy System effective, we recommend that you replace the light tubes after two years of use even if they have not yet burnt out.