Health professionals are recognizing bright light therapy as an option for a number of health issues.
For optimal bright light therapy treatment, use the following guidelines when purchasing any bright light therapy system:
- Choose a bright light therapy system that has been clinically tested to be safe and effective.
- Choose 10,000 LUX white light over colored light. Blue light may cause eye damage and has no known benefit over white light.
- Choose a system with a broad field of illumination. Smaller products make it difficult to keep your eyes within the therapeutic field of light.
- Choose a bright light therapy system that will project light downward. Products that sit below you will project light up into your eyes making bright light therapy sessions uncomfortable.
- Choose a bright light therapy system that has a proper diffusion screen. The screen should balance the distribution of light and block harmful UV rays.